~REVIEWS~

Books, Products, Websites, etc.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Earth Therapeutics Anti Stress Microwaveable Comfort Wrap

zwani.com myspace graphic comments
ATTENTION ALL MIGRAINE SUFFERERS!!!! This product is a "must have" life-saver for those of us that suffer from migraines. When I don't have the time to stand under a hot shower for an hour to relieve my migraines, I turn to my comfort wrap.
This wrap is filled with rice and stress relieving scents. I don't know if it is the way that it molds to your head, neck and shoulders, or the gentle lavender, chamomile and citrus scent, but for some reason, this wrap is the only thing that relieves my headaches and lessens my migraines to the point where I don't feel like slitting my wrists.
The wrap comes in pink, green and beige and sells for $9.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond ($8 if you use a 20% off coupon), or you can find it online. The newer version even comes with a removable outer cover that you can wash.
I pop the wrap in the microwave for 1 min. and 45 sec. and it is the perfect temp. for me. But be careful - I have slightly burned my skin by falling asleep with it when it was a bit too hot. I wrap it around my head, neck and shoulders to simultaneously relieve my headache and muscle pain. It can also be used cold to reduce minor swelling, although I have not ever had occasion to use it for this purpose.
I also recently discovered a sister-item, the Earth Therapeutics Sinus Pillow. For $12.99(around $10 with coupon) , this product has adjustable Velcro head straps for hands-free pain relief. It is filled with flax seed and the same aromatherapy scents. You can use it warm to relieve head and sinus pain, or cool to relieve puffy eyes. I have even worn it backwards on the back of my neck to relieve neck and lower head pain. I have found it in pink and beige. I have not found it to be quite as effective as the comfort wrap, but for a lesser headache when you need your hands free, it does provide relief. It is also easy for younger kids to use when they are suffering from sinus headaches.
Bottom Line: If I had 10 thumbs, I would give the Earth Therapeutic Comfort Wrap all 10 thumbs up, and the sinus pillow gets at least 2 thumbs up! For the price and effectiveness, you can't beat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment